Color Index No:C.I.56298
Synonyms: 5-[3-(2,4,6-Trioxo-1,3-diazinan-5-ylidene)isoindol-1-ylidene]-1,3-diazinane-2,4,6-trione; Yellow L1820;
||Average Particle Size:0.06um
Chemical resistance datas:
|Light fastness (Full) : 6-7
||Light fastness(Tinting) : 6
|Water : 5
||Ethanol : 4-5
|Heat stability (10min) :200℃
||Alkali : 4
Pigment Yellow 139 has high coloring strength and is suitable for the coloring of high end products. Its heat resistance is good with 260℃/10min. Its light fastness can reach 6-7. Its maximum heat resistance is around 260℃, but its heat stability is not so well in plastics. So it is more suitbale for PVC and low density PE. In high temperature requirementplastics,such as PET,PMMA,PC,PA, PY139 may change in color. Its acid fastness and migration resistance is also excellent.
Metal decorative ink,UV curing ink(offset and flexo),NC ink, Silk screen ink;Solvent based industrial coating, Powder coatings, automotive refinish;PE,PP,PVC
Tags: Pigment Yellow
What are the common uses and application areas of pigment yellow products?
Paints and Coatings: Pigment yellow is used in the formulation of paints and coatings to provide color, opacity, and UV resistance.
Inks: Pigment yellow is a key component in the production of printing inks, including offset, gravure, and flexographic inks.
Plastics: The pigment is incorporated into plastic manufacturing processes, providing coloration to a wide range of plastic products, including toys, packaging materials, and consumer goods.
Textiles and Dyes: In the textile industry, pigment yellow is used to dye fabrics, creating various shades of yellow.
Cosmetics: Pigment yellow can be found in cosmetics and personal care products, such as makeup, nail polish, and skincare items, providing a yellow colorant.
Plastic Films and Packaging: It is used in the production of plastic films and packaging materials to add color and visual appeal to products.
Construction Materials: Pigment yellow can be found in construction materials like concrete and stucco, adding color to architectural elements and surfaces.
What are the main properties and characteristics of pigment yellow?
Pigment yellow is a type of colorant known for its vibrant yellow hues. Its main properties and characteristics include excellent color strength, lightfastness, and resistance to fading when exposed to UV radiation, making it a reliable choice for long-lasting color in various applications. Pigment yellow is typically stable and does not easily react with other chemicals, contributing to its durability in different formulations. It can be produced in various forms, such as powders and pastes, and is compatible with multiple mediums, including paints, inks, plastics, textiles, and cosmetics. Its ability to provide bright, consistent yellow shades makes it a popular choice in the coloration of a wide range of products and materials.
How is pigment yellow manufactured?
Pigment yellow is manufactured through a process that involves synthesizing specific chemical compounds to create the desired yellow colorant.
1. Raw Material Selection: The primary raw materials, including various chemical compounds, are carefully selected based on the desired properties of the pigment, such as color intensity and stability.
2. Chemical Synthesis: The selected raw materials are subjected to chemical reactions in controlled environments. This synthesis process transforms the raw materials into colored compounds that exhibit the desired shade of yellow.
3. Purification: The synthesized compounds are often purified to remove impurities and ensure the pigment’s quality and consistency.
4. Drying and Milling: The resulting pigment is dried and milled into the desired form, which can be a fine powder or a paste, depending on the intended application.
5. Quality Control: Quality control measures are implemented to assess the pigment’s color accuracy, stability, and other essential properties, ensuring it meets industry standards and specifications.
6. Packaging: The final pigment is packaged and prepared for distribution to various industries and manufacturers that use it in their products.
What is the brightness and durability of pigment yellow in different applications?
The brightness and durability of pigment yellow in different applications can vary depending on factors such as the specific formulation, concentration, and the environmental conditions to which it is exposed. In general, pigment yellow is known for its bright and vibrant coloration, offering excellent color strength.
Durability: The durability of pigment yellow is often quite high, particularly in terms of lightfastness. It resists fading and color shifts when exposed to UV radiation, making it suitable for applications that require long-term color stability, such as outdoor signage, architectural coatings, and automotive finishes.
Brightness: Pigment yellow provides a high level of brightness and color intensity, which is essential for creating vivid and eye-catching yellow hues. Its brightness makes it a preferred choice in applications where vibrant and consistent coloration is required, such as in printing inks, plastics, and textiles.