Pigment Yellow 12
Pigment Yellow 12, also named Benzidine Yellow G (PY12), is semi-transparent pigment. It has low viscosity, excellent light fastness, good dispersibility and good storage stability. , Pigment Yellow 12 also has high fluidity in some formulations, and it has no fluorescence. In different applications, high transparency and high opacity can be achieved. It also has reddish yellow type and and greenish light yellow type to meet different shade requirements.
Basic information of Pigment Yellow 12:
Color Index No: Pigment Yellow 12(C.I.21090)
|Molecular Fomula:C32H26CI2N6O4||Molecular Weight:629.493|
|CAS No:6358-85-6||EINECS No:228-787-8|
|Density(g/cm3):1.40||Average particle size:0.1-0.21um|
|Specific surface(m2/g):21.63||Oil Absorption(g/100g):25-80|
|Melting point:312-320℃||Chemical Class:Diarylide Yellow|
Chemical resistance datas:
|Light fastness (Full) : 3-5||Light fastness(Tinting) : 3-4|
|Weather:2-3||Water : 5|
|Ethanol : 4-5||Heat stability (10min) : 180℃|
|Ethyl acetate : 3-4||Acid : 5|
|Alkali : 5||White spirit : 3|
Feature of Pigment Yellow 12:
- Pigment Yellow12 is light yellow powder
- Pigment Yellow 12 isslightly soluble in ethanoland not soluble in water.
- In concentrated nitric acid, Pigment Yellow 12 is brownish yellow, and in sulphuric acid, it is reddish orange.
- Pigment Yellow 12is aninsoluble bis-dichloro-type pigment. It has excellent solvent resistance and strong coloring power and. But comparing with monoazo pigments, its light resistance is not as good .
- The heat resistanceof Pigment Yellow 12 remains stable at 150°C.
- The solvent resistance of pigment yellow 12 is very good, including solvents like:xylene;ethanol; acetone; cellosolve; nitrocellulose solvent; its alkali and acid resistance is also very good.
Application of Pigment Yellow 12 :
Heat-set ink,Cold set ink,UV curing ink(offset and flexo), NC ink, water-based ink, silkscreen ink; textile printing;PE,PP,PVC,Rubber