Basic Properties of Linear Silicone Fluids & Its Uses
What are linear silicone fluids?
Linear Silicone fluid compounds consist of spiral chains and can easily float and flow over one another compound.
- Linear silicone fluids are odorless, nontoxic, and fireproof.
- Linear Silicone fluids have extraordinary thermal stability.
- These fluids flow at the highest temperatures.
- Linear silicone oils have lubricant properties.
Molecular structure of silicone oil:
The linear Silicone oil have of groups of siloxane polymers that is combined from chain of silicone and oxygen atoms. This chain is the repetition of silicone, oxygen, and carbon atoms. Linear silicone fluids have many various methyl groups, amino groups that are functional and several thousand units. For the reaction of the siloxane polymers with another mineral by replacing the methyl group with phenyl group. To integrate the siloxane polymers into several types of organic polymers add some reactive organic compounds and this process will give unique properties to this liquid as compared to organic polymers.
Properties of linear Silicone fluids made by Hangzhou Hengyi Technology Co.,ltd
Hangzhou Hengyi is supplying silicone fluids on large scale. This chemical company offers silicone fluids with these properties that are listed below as follows:
- Viscosity of Silicone fluids: The viscosity of clear silicone fluid offered by Hangzhou Hengyi is from 50cst to 1,000,000cst.
- Molecular weight: The molecular weight of silicone fluid made by Hangzhou Hengyi depends on the degree of polymerization.
- Thermal Conductivity of Silicone Oils: Surface tension is comparatively exceptionally low, and all silicone fluid compounds of Hangzhou Hengyi have low thermal conductivity. It stays unchanged even at the elevated temperatures
- Waterproofing agents: Its silicone oils have excellent water resistance and that is why they are highly in demand all over the world.
- Damping resistance in Silicone oils: Damping resistance is strong in Hengyi silicone oils.
- Insulation Properties: Silicone oils of Hengyi have outstanding insulation and heat resistance properties. Silicone oils have superb di- electric properties. Silicon oils absorb moisture used in di electric breakdown. Silicone fluids are used in transformer oil. Also used as capacitors oil in electric appliances.
- Vapor points of Silicone fluids: The vapor points of Hengyi Silicone oils are extremely high and frozen points are all time low.
- Boiling Points of Silicone fluids: The working temperature range of silicone fluids is -50℃ to 200℃.
- Compressibility of silicone fluids: The linear silicone fluid has extraordinarily high compressibility and cannot be compressed easily during pressurization. The compressibility of silicone fluids is much higher as compared to petroleum-based heat resistant oils and mock lubricants, that’s why silicone fluids are used as damper oil.
- Solubility of silicone oils with other solute or solution: Silicone fluid is exceedingly soluble with these solvents that are listed below as follow:
- Mineral spirits
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons
Silicone fluids stay insoluble in these solutions that are
- Lubricity Silicone Fluids: silicone fluid has ideal lubricity properties due to its
- Strong viscosity
- Resistance at high- and low-temperature
Here are the lubrication applications of silicone oils are listed below as follow:
- wood-wood interfaces
- Combinations of plastics
- Silicone oil is harmless to living things: silicone fluids are harmless as they have low viscosity. Low viscosity liquids are always less harmful for humans and animals. Silicone fluids are inert, that is why it is used in skin treatment products and making foods.
- Silicone fluids have Radiation Resistance: Silicon fluids are used in the presence of elevated temperature of radiological appliances. The molecule of the silicone fluids has phenyl groups, and the stability of the silicone fluids radiation resistance depends on it. Silicon fluids are extensively used in radiological instruments.
- Resistance to Shear Stress: The shear stress resistance of Silicone oils is immensely high, and the shear degradation resistance of silicone fluids stays constant even at the high loads and speeds. As compared to minerals, shear stress does not destroy the molecules of silicone fluids and the viscosity still is changed to earlier level.
Uses of Linear Silicone fluid:
Linear silicone fluids, due to their many benefits, are used in several industries. Here is the list of linear silicone fluids are listed below as follows:
Uses of Silicone oil in Automobile Industry
Silicone fluids are widely used in the automobile industry and industrialists take lots of benefits from it. Silicon fluids are used in clutch assemblies of electric cooling fans. Linear silicone fluids are also used in shock absorbers, dashpots oil, hydraulic fluids of planes, and for damping systems that are specially designed for maximum temperature processes.
Use of Silicone fluids in Wood Working and Construction
Construction and wood products are the main basic elements of our lifestyle. Silicone oil is used as silicone lubricant sprays during construction and to keep the wood tools safe for a long time. Silicone lubricants are in the form of oils used to keep the greasiness of the construction tools in elevated temperatures. Silicone lubricant oils are waterproof, nonreactive oils and never oxidize the tools.
Use of silicone oil in Cosmetics
Silicone oils play a key role in the cosmetics industry. Silicone oils are inactive, light transmission, ultraviolet resistance to sunlight and transparent. Its molecules have weak forces of attraction. It is skin friendly because these are non-toxic, and non-irritating oils. Cosmetic manufacturing companies use silicone oils as emulsifiers. It helps other products to combine with cosmetic products. As it has strong compatibility with other cosmetic materials. Silicone oil is used in facial masks to supply protection to the human face and save it from adverse effects of other chemical products. Linear silicone fluids luster and brighten the human skin. The most demanding products silicone oils that are used in manufacturing of skin care and hair care products are listed below as follow:
- Poly methyl phenyl siloxane
- Poly dimethyl cyclo siloxane
- Silicone glycol copolymer
- Amine group Modified silicone oil
- Poly siloxane protein copolymer
- Methyl chloride-containing silicone oil
- Emulsified silicone oil
Uses of linear silicone fluids in medical industry:
- For the eyes treatment:
Silicone fluids have effective use in the medical industry. During eye operations and treatment silicone fluids are used due to purity of the oil.
- Manufacturing of Medicine:
Linear Silicone oil is used in the preparation of medicine that is used in stomach diseases. Silicone oil is beneficial for human digestive system to get relief from gas.
- Skin Care Creams and Skin Treatment
During the manufacturing of skin care products (skin care creams) and medicine. Silicone fluids prevents face skin from drying and creates a protective breathable layer across the face skin. For the treatment of skin diseases, for example burning parts of the body silicone oil is used in the manufacturing of pharmaceutical creams.
Uses of Silicone oil in Cooking
As silicone oils have defoaming and anti-foaming properties. Chefs use it in a less amount while frying food to save it from foaming and splashing. It never changes the taste of the food and never creates a smell in the food.
Use of silicone oil in Textile industry
In the textile industry the demand for silicone oil is increasing day by day due to its effective use in manufacturing clothes. Silicone oils make the fabric softer and shiny. The linear silicone fluids used as
- Flame retardants
Agents in both textile and garments industry. It increases the quality and stability of clothes. The industrialists have saved fabrics for a long time with the use of silicone oils. Hangzhou Hengyi has contracted with textile industries for supplying silicone fluids in copious quantities that are used in printing, coating, and designing.
Silicone oils used in Aircrafts and Aerospace Satellites:
Silicone oil has anti-shear properties, that is why it is widely used in planes as hydraulic oil, lubricants, heat transfer oil and Aerospace Satellites industry.
Silicone oils used in cooling machines:
Silicone oil is used in cooling devices such as refrigerants. Silicone oil is also used in laboratories for heating baths.
Uses of silicone oil in paints
Use silicone oil while painting the walls and machinery products. This will make the paint waterproof and heat resistant. The paint will stay longer on the walls and seasonal circumstances do not affect the paints. A less quantity of silicone oil in paints will make the color shiny and attractive. It will increase the stability of the paints.
Precautions to use silicone oil on industrial level:
Silicone oils are used and manufactured in industries daily on a large scale. During the manufacturing of silicone oil on industrial level the workers should follow these precautions that are listed below as follow:
- Avoid standing with uncovered Containers while heating: Cover the Containers and avoid overheating. Overheating builds high pressure and causes cracking of the containers. Vapors of the fluids mixed with air and make explosive material in the air. This will affect the air and taking breathe in that environment is harmful for the workers. Please keep the container tightly closed during high pressures and temperature.
- Do not directly use silicone fluids: Do not use silicone spray directly on flame. Keep away the fluids from sunlight, hot surfaces, and open flame.
- Educate your staff for the use of silicone fluids: Trained the staff first before sending him to the manufacturing environment place. Wear safe clothes before going to the production place of silicone oil. Please do not send an affected person to that place. If the person is affected, then takeout him from the manufacturing area and change his clothes. If his breathing is difficult then provide him with oxygen to breathe and recover quickly.
- Wear a working dress before using silicone fluids: Be dressed in breathing apparatus and suitable protective outfit. Wear Firefighter’s dress to protect yourself from this type of situation. Wear glasses to protect your eyes. Wash the working outfits after using it.
How Hengyi Tek is important for all the Chemical Producing Industries?
To meet the needs of your industries for silicone fluids and other chemical products you can contact Hengyi Tek that is a company supplying inorganic and organic pigments on a commercial level. Hengyi Tek chemical group is giving quality assurance to their clients. They use modern technology to produce silicone fluids and deliver them all over the world and have excellent reviews from their satisfied clients. Here I am talking about silicone fluids that are available on Hengyi Tek website with different variations. Here are some the silicone fluids products with their follow:
What is use of Agricultural silicone spreading and penetrating agent?
Agricultural silicone spreading and penetrating agent is used to reduce the amount of pesticide and improve efficiency.
What is the importance of silicone spreading and penetrating agent?
silicone spreading and penetrating agent is used to increase the uptake and lessen the amount of the spraying agent.
Where is volatile silicone oil used?
volatile silicone oil used volatile carrier in personal care products, air freshener and antiperspirants.
What is the purpose of Silicon spreading and penetrating agent?
Silicon spreading and penetrating agent is used to lower the water surface tension.
For which industry Silicone defoamer is beneficial?
Silicone defoamer is used in the textile and paper industry for dyeing paper and polyester at elevated temperatures.
What to do Silicone Leveling Agent in Paints?
Silicone Leveling Agent is used in UV paint and coating solvent to increase fluidity and smoothness of paints.
What is the use of Caprylyl Silicone Oil?
Caprylyl Silicone Oil is used in cosmetic industry, skin care products, hair treatment products, deodorant, scent, antiperspirant, and sunscreen.
Thank you for visiting and reading this blog. If you want to see more chemical products visit Hangzhou Hengyi for more details.